Source for rotor dis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Source for rotor dis
From: bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com (bill.lumnitzer@paonline.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 96 11:45:50 -0500 (EST)

 Pa> I am looking for a source for disconnect plugs for a rotor cable and
 Pa> for a switch box cable. I need to handle 8 wires in the switch box.

 Pa> I see the Wireman carries a product called Powerpole that can be
 Pa> configured for up to 8 wires. I have not yet looked in the auto
 Pa> stores for "trailer light" type connectors.

 Pa> Any recommendations from those who have tried a connector type?

C.A.T.S. - the rotor repair place in OH, I think (see QST ad), sells an
8-pin inline connector with gold plated pins for a reasonable price.
Don't use anything but gold plated pins in low level applications like this
or you'll be sorry! (oxidation will cause intermittents)
Another nice thing about these connectors is that the pins are soldered or
crimped on first and then inserted into the body. Soldering wires to
connectors with molded in pins can sometimes be frustrating!

73 Bill N6CQ/3