Rotating Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rotating Towers
From: hb@cpimaging.com (Howard Brainen)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 1996 23:07:24 -0700
Does anyone have a phone number for Dick Weber
at Rotating Tower Systems.  He used to advertise
but I haven't seen his ads in awhile.

Also...maybe someone has some advice.  I have
3 of his rings and a bearing, turning 140 feet
of Rohn 55.  I've had it up for 7 years now
and using an old Telrex rotor to turn it.  I'd
really like to upgrade the rotor.  Specifically
I'm interested in getting:

More speed.  With the 2:1 gearing on the RTS
system it takes 2 minutes to go around.  Much
too slow for contests.  Would like to start
and stop slowly but ramp up to 1RPM or better.

Better limit switches.

Presets.

M2 told me at Visalia they have sold plenty of
their 2800P's for rotating towers.  Just got
one and there are many problems, not the least
of which is its way too slow.  Now they are telling
us they don't know of anyone "turning a whole
tower" with one!!

Any ideas?

73, Howard WZ6Z

hb@contesting.com