Re *** DENIED ***

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re *** DENIED ***
From: mmeehan@wlv.hp.com (Mike Meehan)
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 1996 11:23:05 -0800
John N5CQ wrote:

 >      The FCC acted with regards to dishes less than 1 meter in diameter,
 >      MMDS ("wireless cable") antennas, and broadcast TV antennas, and ruled
 >      that there must be a reasonable accomodation in allowing the use of
 >      these services without undue burden on the homeowner.  This ruling
 >      does not specifically apply to amateur antennas.

Hi John and Hank...I have been following this report and order for some
time now. In my town, you can put up a DBS dish without a permit as long
as you cant see it from the front yard. If you can see it from the front
yard, or if you want to put up a VHF/UHF TV antenna (like me) you have to
file for a special use permit ($80 dollars---same as for a ham radio
antenna support SUP).

After sending this doc to the city attys office, he advised me to still
use the SUP route to get my TV antenna up. He said that the report and
order `FCC 96-328' is not yet "final". I'm confused about the process and
I hope someone can clue me in on the lingo...(To make matters worse, they
combined a nprm "notice of proposed rule making" with the Order.)

The city atty here said were waiting for a `FINAL REPORT AND ORDER', due
out sometime soon...The REPORT AND ORDER you guys speak of had a release
date of 8/6/96, but also has a comment date of 9/27/96 and a reply comment
date of 10/28/96.

My question again is: is there such a thing as a FINAL REPORT AND ORDER
and does anyone know the status of this thing? I couldn't come up with
anything new on the fcc web sit...

Kindest regards,
-Mike K7FU