WTB: Telerex rotor and Synchro Transmitter

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: WTB: Telerex rotor and Synchro Transmitter
From: Rasmussen@centuryinter.net (Rasmussen@centuryinter.net)
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 96 17:27:05 GMT
Jay,
The part number you quote is a proprietary Sperry part number.  If you
can get a generic part number, it will be much easier to find.  For
Example....
15tx6b would be a unit that is 1.5 inches across the face of the shaft
end.  a torque transmitter  60 hrz  version b.

Sperry buys synchros from the real manufacture and then resells them
at a  big mark up.  I am retired now,( Mare Island Maval Shipyard) but
if anybody here on the list has or knows some one who has access to
military supply dept data can get the original part number and who
really makes the synchro..
Synchros are not cheap.  IF you have to get a new one, try old
military gear.

Paul
KA6VAN