40M antennas

To: <>
Subject: 40M antennas
From: (
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 00:53:39 -0500

<<    Not being an antenna designer, I think that if you got another
 element and made if 5% shorter, you could come up with appropriate spacing
 either with some computer modeling or trial-and-error. >>

Wasn't this produced several years ago? Was it called a "ZL Special"? Seems
like I heard about a 3 el. Cushcraft maybe 8 - 10 years ago, but then again,
maybe not...Anybody remember this?

On another topic, has anyone tried placing a ring rotator at the top of the
second section (~38') of a 70' crankup? I have fantasized about having a pair
of tri- or quad-banders stacked on a crankup...
Mike  K7NT

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P