Hy gain antenna query.

To: <>
Subject: Hy gain antenna query.
From: (C. Logan Dietz (KE5FI))
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 12:33:49 -0800
Melvin G. Brafford wrote:
> Next week I hope to get my first 105BA 5 element 10 meter beam up to 92' on
> my WELL GUYED rohn 25G. My plan is to put another 105BA at the 62' level
> and a third one at 32'. The one on top will be rotatible , but the other
> two will have to be fixed for now. I plan to use a Dunestar stacking box to
> feed the three ants, and run various combinations of stacking. The land
> where this tower is sitting slopes steeply down to the NE and E, Making the
> top ant seem about 150', so with this in mind I had planned to fix ant
> 2..the one at 62' at 90
> (due East) degrees to pick up Africa and ant 3 the one at 32' NE or 45
> degrees to maximize Europe. I realize my big money run route will be
> Europe, so should I fix both antennas on EU, And use the Upper ant alone
> for Africa then stack all three for europe?
> Further, on tower #1 which is about 120' NW of the 92 footer, I am using a
> TH7 at 77', which is a band opener to the WEST. Also on this tower is
> another 105BAS at 38' fixed on the Carib. When the band is open this ant is
> hot, but in off years the TH7 beats it.My path to JA is unknown from this
> QTH, as it is new, post sunspots, ...hi....,but you can see forever in that
> direction from the tower.
>  Wonder if I should stack another 105 on tower #1 fixed on JA at about 47'.
> then with a dunestar on that tower, I could stack the TH7 with it, and also
> stack the TH7 with the Carib/ South antenna when needed in that direction.

I have used stacks for years.  I fix one lower ant on Eu and another at
JA with 5 foot spacing between them.  You could then select them with a
switch/relay before the dunestar.

That way you could have a 3 beam stack on Eu or JA when you need it and
mix them up at other times.  No ring rotors needed!

Good luck in the 10 meter contest!

Chuck, KE5FI

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P