MORE 105BAS QUESTIONS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: MORE 105BAS QUESTIONS
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher, KM9P / K4AAA)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 22:05:04 -0500 (EST)
It is worth the trouble to modify it to 105CA.  The guy doing the 10M
contest at my station tonight said he couldn't believe the pattern of the
antenna.  I noticed his signal was 10db over S9 when pointing to Atlanta and
not moving the S-meter when pointing north.

Point of reference... I have mine at 125' in the mountains (wind blows
constantly).  The antenna has been up a year with no problem.  You can't
believe how hard the wind blows on this hilltop during T-storms.  It sounds
like a freight train with the wind blowing through the antennas/tower.
Scarey really.  During one storm I was so scared the guys might be hit by a
falling tree that I went out and moved my car out from under the tower.

The antenna is solid mechanically as is in my opinion.  Well, maybe not for
W6QHS's QTH.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, KM9P & K4AAA