Anchor Rod Failure

To: <>
Subject: Anchor Rod Failure
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 1996 22:08:17 +0000
On 16 Dec 96, David & Barbara Leeson <> wrote:

> The commercial folks who rent my 120' Rohn 45G tower loaded it up with
> 24 heliax's and antennas.

Dave - Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 24 Heliaxes greatly
exceed the tower's ratings?

The ratings in the catalog allow for one 1/2 inch and one 7/8 dia
line on each tower face, in addition to the top load, and 3
symmetrically placed sidearms not exceeding 8 sq ft of wind load.
73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate:

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P