Plymouth 85 CW

To: <>
Subject: Plymouth 85 CW
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 00:08:59 EST
Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105 * 617/259-0088
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low.

On Wed, 18 Dec 1996 01:17:21 -0800 writes:
>All right Fred
>Do they make a product that emulates Scotch 33?  And what it the
>name/number of even the 88 product so I can see if it exists locally.
>Tape costs a fortune if you don't luck into any at a local hamfest.
>VHF types need high quality tape since our coax is often mostly (hot)
>air dialectric!

>Gene  ZZ

Gene -- And others who asked:

Plymouth Rubber Co., Inc., Canton, MA,  makes a product they call Premium
85 CW, catalog Number 4240.

It is 3/4  inch x .0085 in. x 66 feet (19 mm x ,216 mm x 20 m) and  the
CW stands for Cold Weather.  They say it is good to ZERO degrees F (18
degrees C).

By the way, Plymouth also makes "BishopSeal" a product like CoaxSeal, but
in a wider roll, and widely used in the cable TV industry (which is where
I learned about it).  I just LOVE BishopSeal and use it on all of my
splices:  tape, BishopSeal, tape.

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P