guy anchor plates

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: guy anchor plates
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 13:15:40 -0500

>Anyway, a more important consideration that hasn't been addressed is
>the welding of galvanized material. I am not a welder or a
>metallurgist, but I have been told that there is more to welding
>galvanized steel than just striking an arc. There is then the issue
>of rustproofing.

      You have to grind away the galvanizing and get down to bare metal
before welding.  The zinc dust is very nasty.  The heat from the welding
process also gives off some fairly toxic fumes from the galvanzing as well.
 Either cold galv the finished parts or send them to the galvanizers --
AGAIN!

73,  Steve   K7LXC