Plymouth 85 CW

To: <>
Subject: Plymouth 85 CW
From: (Steve Maki)
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 22:07:19 -0500
>This just jogged my memory.  There is (or was) another product out 'there'
>that I have found to be very useful for sealing stuff like CoaxSeal.
>I believe CoaxSeal is basically, unvulcanized rubber and I found some
>generic CoaxSeal in an unlikely place.
>One of our businesses is apartments and apartment mgmt. Years ago, we found
>some stuff which was used for sealing leaky gutters.  It was in a rolled up
>sheet with a waxy paper interleaved with it.  It was supposed to be placed
>inside the gutter to fix rusted out places.
>I have two rolls left. Each is about a foot wide and appoximately 6 or 7
>inches in diameter and weighs several pounds.  Who needs to invest in
>Krugerands (sp?) when you have this stuff.
>Unfortunately, I can not remember the source. I think we 'inherited' it with
>one of the buildings.  Does anyone have a source??
>Now don't everyone start argueing with me over the composition of this stuff
>vs. CoaxSeal.  I don't care, I won't care and I never have cared.  Save your
>butane.  I just know it has worked great for years and is every bit as 'gooey".
>73 de Steve, NJ4F

Sounds like MiracleSeal, made by Revere Products in Cleveland, 216 573 7100.

Available in 2.5 inch wide rolls, in addition to the wide stuff.

Very similar to CoaxSeal and a lot cheaper.

I much prefer the self fusing siliconized tapes such as Plymouth Plysafe,
because they don't leave a total mess on the connector when you take it
apart.  In some awkward places the CoaxSeal type product is the only way,
Steve Maki K8LX

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P