Erecting Long masts

To: <>
Subject: Erecting Long masts
From: (RobertKing)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:44:11 -0500

Forgot to mention, I pulled my mast thru the thrust bearings with a
handwinch until
about 4 feet was projecting thru the top. At that time I installed the 40
yagi and
raised it another 13 feet. The mast raising cable was run over a sheave on
the plate
of the top section,down thru a hole in the plate and a forged "S" hook was
to the cable and the hook applied the open end of the mast. I allowed an
1/4" clearance to the rotor housing when done so that the thrust bearings
were handling all the weight. Was extra careful so that both thrust bearings
were in alignment.

Just some additional input incase you missed some of the earlier postings on
this subject.

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P