To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Summary: Great Circle Maps
From: bcotter@service1.uky.edu (Bill Cotter)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 14:46:37 -0500
Towerheads and Topbanders,

I want to thank everyone who answered my inquiry for locating a Great Circle
Map making program. There were many positive responses and I have summarized
them for you below. There were also many inquiries from other recipients
wanting the same information. I begin by listing all the web sites by URL and
finish with all the posted comments.

Thanks again for all the help.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays,

Bill N4ALG

To find your exact latitude and longitude, start here with your zip code:
        http://www.census.gov/cgi-bin/gazetteer

The program to plot Great Circle maps centered on your QTH can be found:
        http://www.alaska.net/~buchholz - on page #2
or      ftp://n6nd.nosc.mil/hamradio/gcmwin21.zip

The program to find beam headings is located in:
        ftp://oak.oakland.edu/pub/hamradio/arrl/bbs/programs/beamhead.zip

An online map creator from NA3T and NV3Z is available at:
        http://www.xray.duke.edu:1080/az_html/azproj.shtml

An online map creator from Xerox:
        http://pubweb.parc.xerox.com/map

A freeware propagation program: