Rohn 20g

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rohn 20g
From: rlboyd@CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd)
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 1996 20:53:57 -0500 (EST)
Referring to kbucilo's msg about a Rohn 20:  I had a 40' one, house
bracketed at 20', for many years when I was younger -- my parents'
house.  I put a cheap 20' mast on top and built 4-el monobanders for 20,
15, and 10.  In a big windstorm the mast bent just above the tower but
the tower was fine.  It was 20' above the house bracket unguyed.  Even
though it was stronger than the mast, I would not call it a husky tower
by any means.  It would have been much better if I had guyed it at the
top; better yet, upgraded to Rohn 25 or 45 or something.  Nevertheless,
it did survive and is still up in that site, with no antennas on it, to
this day; my sister and her daughters have asked me not to remove it;
they use it to climb up on the roof in lieu of a ladder.

73 - Rich Boyd, KE3Q