To: <>
Subject: Pro-57b
From: (Dean Norris)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 18:07:22 -0700
At 17:29 12/30/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Dave Wright wrote:
>>slightly high SWR on 10, 1:8:1. On 15/17 it was fine @ 1:2:1. 12 & 20
>>meters are virtually flat @ 1:1:1.  (using 4 meters
>>rig/tuner/amp/mfj-249 and averaging.)
>>Now it's slowly climbing on 10- it's over 2:5:1 which precludes my >usage
of the amp.  15 & 17 now seem to be following- From 1:2:1 up to >1:8:1 now.
The factory told me to check the length of the coax/shield >"Y" at the
feedpoint and try making it shorter.

Would we guess 9913 commonly called water storage tubing?

>Hi Dave !
>When you mention using the 4 meters, where are you measuring
>the SWR ? At the yagi feedpoint or in the shack at the end of
>the coax ?
>Right NOW, the 2.5:1 SWR on 10m ... is that measured in the shack
>or at the feedpoint ? If that's in the shack. I'd climb (safely)
>the tower and make a jumper to hook up the MFJ unit directly to
>the feedpoint and see what the SWR shows there. If it's low at
>the feedpoint using the MFJ unit, then I'd suspect the coax
>has become contaminated due to moisture or ???
>Let us know back what you discover as the problem ...
>73 and HNY !
>Bill AA4NU
>FAQ on WWW:
>Administrative requests:
>Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P
                  C. Dean Norris, K7NO
               e-mail to
       Due to a lack of qualified trumpet players-
    The end of the world has been postponed two weeks

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P