TowerTalk and disclaimers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: TowerTalk and disclaimers
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 1997 11:45:16 -0500

>IMO, let your opinion or information stand on its own merit.  And if
>you happen to be affiliated with [the company/service], all the better.
>You speak from a position of higher authority and probably talk to
>the engineering and design staff on a regular basis!

Hi, Bob -

     This is one of my favorites as well.  If you work for a publishing
company and make a comment regarding guy wire material, what difference does
it make anyway?

    As far as TowerTalk goes, I would welcome comments from people employed
by companies that are being discussed.  We already have "lurkers" from Rohn,
Hy-Gain, Force 12 and others who subscribe but choose not to get involved.
 The TowerTalk audience seems more mature and reasonable when it comes to
keeping inappropriate comments to themselves (or at least private and not on
the reflector) so other than incurring some additional email, I can't see any
problem with anyone making educated comments.  And if they're a professional
or employee that knows more about it, so much the better.

    This isn't the ham bands - you're ALLOWED to talk about things with a
pecuniary interest on the internet.  I don't mind, in fact I'd encourage
anyone with an interesting tower or antenna product to tell TowerTalkians
about it.  For instance, If you're a tower climber for hire, post it
occasionally.  If you're looking for someone, send out an email inquiry.  If
you've got some tower or antenna-related things for sale, feel free to post
them.  People subscribe to TowerTalk because they want answers.  If you can
provide some answers, please contribute.  Inquiring minds want to know.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

              Claimer:  My opinions are those of my employer.  So there.