Tower Ratings - Stupid Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Tower Ratings - Stupid Question
From: dgf@netcom.com (David Feldman)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 13:25:50 -0800
>Insurance Companies solved this problem easily in Texas.  Antennas and =
>towers are not covered period.  You have to have a separate rider to =
>cover them  if they will write it at all.  My TV antenna was damaged in =
>a windstorm and they refused all coverage.  This was State Farm.  When I =
>get the new tower and antenna up, I will try to add the coverage.
>
>* As far as tower/antenna insurance claims, it is almost always covered
>* either as a 'structure' or 'personal property'.  I've never seen an =
>insurance
>* company reject a tower/antenna claim, even for yagis installed in =
>trees.
>* BTW, I'm currently working on three claims from our recent exciting =
>weather.

In my case, in Denver (where the only real hazard is the rare tornado),
I added antenna coverage (two towers, etc.) for about $9/year. The
agent added it under some category related to home TV dishes (but I
explained and he accepted that my antennas were clearly different). I
use Allstate.

73 Dave WB0GAZ dgf@netcom.com