painting antennas

To: <>
Subject: painting antennas
From: (CT4NH - Luis Sutil Teixeira)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 1997 23:45:14 +0100
Happy New Year to everybody!
Living just a few yards from the wild Atlantic Ocean, its undoubtely=20
an advantage for DXing, but also I=B4ve been fighting since ever with
CORROSION problems in my antennas and towers.=20
Concerning ANTENNAS  I would be very interested (and grateful) to hear=20
from those who have already tried some type of surface protection:

- it pays to paint or varnish antennas? if so:
- antenna perfomance after being painted or varnished
- what paint (or varnish)  to use and those to avoid and why
- what parts we should NOT paint or varnish

Please your comments...
tnx de CT4NH and again good Dxing and Contesting in 1997

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P