To: <>
Subject: HDR300
From: (Bud)
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 1997 01:09:13 -0600
Hello Frank,
The HDR300 in question has been turning the 40m beam about 3 yrs.
Trouble resulted when I pinned the mast to the mast clamp.  It simply
removed the top half of the aluminum housing!!!

I broke my own rule when I pinned the thing.... I just got tired of
climbing the tower after every wind over about 30mph!

The only prop-pitch I am using is from Dick, W0MLY, and turns a 3 ele
80m-- reduced size M2.

Biggest trouble I have with that configuration is the SCH-8 bolt/pin.
Have to replace it about 3-4 times per year.

Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P