I'm wanting to put up a tower and beam at my new qth. I'm looking at a US
Tower TX-455 with a Mosley PRO-6-C beam and a Yaesu G-800SDX rotor on top.
I would like all comments good and bad.
1) Will this tower handle this antenna @ one to two ft. above the tower, or
should I go with the HDX-555 tower?
2) Any know problems with the above equipment?
3) Will a 5' x 2" x .18" high carbon steel mast and a thrust bearing handle
4) Will a 2-ton electric witch handle the load of raising and lowering the
5) Any other problem I haven't come with?
I have been reading all the "grounding" comments and I'm taking lots of
John - WM9U
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & KM9P