Prop Pitch brush noise

To: <>
Subject: Prop Pitch brush noise
From: (Frank Donovan)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 20:38:38 -0500 (EST)
Hi John,
Yes, the brushes are very noisy if you do not bypass them with capacitors!
The value is non-critical, but certainly much less than 0.5 uF!  I use any
convenient value between .001 and .01 uF at 1 kV and they completely
suppress all RFI.  Use one capacitor per brush, connected directly between
the brush-holder and the case of the motor (I use solder lugs under the
nuts adjacent to the brush-holders).