C4XL &C3...stackable?

To: <>
Subject: C4XL &C3...stackable?
From: (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:21:30 EST
Fred Hopengarten, K1VR
Six Willarch Road * Lincoln, MA 01773-5105 * 617/259-0088
e-mail: or
Big antennas, high in the sky, are better than small ones, low.

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997 00:37:19 -0600 (CST) Michael Causey
<> writes:
>Does anyone have experience stacking a C3 over an existing C4XL?  I am
>thinking it may be possible since the 40 mtr portion of the C4XL has a
>separate feedline.  If so, how much space should separate the two

The stacking space you pick will be a compromise, as you are trying to
accomodate 20-10.  Fortunately the performance curves are very gentle.
For my stack of a TH6/TH6/TH7, the top spacing is 36', and the bottom
spacing is 30'.  The location of guy wires and other physical reasons
dictated the choice of exact locations.  But my examination of the curves
says 30-36' is also a good compromise.  -- Fred K1VR