How to get estimates for old damaged gear?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: How to get estimates for old damaged gear?
From: k4sb@avana.net (k4sb@avana.net)
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 97 01:32:51 PST
Some old QSTs or such should have advertising for Dentrol.

Or, do the same thing I did, take the suckers to small claims court....this was
on a switchbox
I sold....they totaled it...claimed they had talked to the buyer ( he never
heard from them )
Told me that "if we can't examine the original shipping carton, we ASSUME it to
be improperly
packed" Gave them the original carton...BS continued...

Small claims court judge didn't agree with their "assumptions". Got the
insurance and they
had to pay my court costs + the shipping costs + the insurance cost....took
about 5 mins.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why an outfit which does such a great
job 99% of the
time has such a lousy claims dept.

73

ED