Fwd: Rotor disconnect

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fwd: Rotor disconnect
From: UpTheTower@aol.com (UpTheTower@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 09:15:45 -0500 (EST)
---------------------
Forwarded message:
Subj:    Re: Rotor disconnect
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date:    97-01-27 23:55:14 EST
From:    NPAlex
To:      UpTheTower

I see that you have had several suggestions, but I shall add mine as well.  I
needed waterproof connections so I sort Amphenol type military connectors.
 They come in a variety of pin configurations and often with two or more
large conductor pins which is great for carrying the rotor power cables.

The metal connectors are waterproof (or can be made that way) but there is a
line of equivalent housings/parts that are moulded plastic.  If high
integrity seals is not required these work well.  I got my stuff thru DigiKey
supply, but I note that the Newark and Allied catalogs list them also.  A
lower cost solution is the Molex appliance series of connectors which cover
your number on conductors.  One caution, lots of pins require lots of
insertion force!  Maybe the suggested idea of two connectors is a good one.

73 Norm W4QQN      NPAlex@aol.com