Upcoming Public Hearing

To: <>
Subject: Upcoming Public Hearing
From: (
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 16:44:27 -0700
To: <>
>Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 17:56:05 -0500 (EST)
>Subject: Re: Upcoming Public Hearing
><< >>
>Joe:  Please give me a call to discuss this if you haven't been
>in contact with your local volunteer counsel.
>I've done over 30 public hearings in front of zoning boards/plan
>commissions for hams over the past several years.
>My initial thought was that you must be an "engineer", since
>they know everything and don't need to ask for help. (The flame shield
>is up you engineers...I love to charge extra for not following my free
>advice and then calling me on Sunday night before the final hearing to
>ask me to "fix" the record you made by yourself before the Zoning Board).
>This is NOT the way to do it, believe me.  Free advice is worth what you pay
>for it, but I'll try to give you some pointers...the first being "don't try
>to do it by yourself." Call John Hennessee at the ARRL and ask for the name
>of the local ARRL VC. (Nuts, ask for 90 feet and compromise at 60!!)
>73, Jim O'Connell, W9WU ARRL VC (Central Division)
>-- I've been advising you for several months, you cannot effectively
represent yourself in what you describe as a hostile atmosphere.  W9RU gave
you good advice, and I'd simply add that you get a lawyer fast..ARRL VC or
not, and turn the matter over to him or her.  I suspect counsel will ask for
an adjounment and then set fire to the hearing with a hot copy of PRB-1
Good luck
                              Stu Greene WA2MOE
                            7537 North 28th Avenue
                          Phoenix, Arizona 85051  USA