Towers and Building Permits

To: <>
Subject: Towers and Building Permits
From: (
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:44:40 -0500 (EST)

>Is it unusual to require a building permit to construct an amateur
>tower? I called my local building department and was told (verbally)
>that none was needed. I drove over and saw the plans inspector and was
>told again the same. I asked for written confirmation and was told to
>put the request in writing and that the director would have to approve
>the letter stating that no permit was required.
     Unfortunately, no.  The initial hurdles include zoning, EPA wetlands
determination and CC&R's.  Once you clear them, THEN you get to apply for a
building permit.  It's very rare these days that you don't need one unless
you live in a sparsely populated area.  Getting the permit is another can of
worms.  It sure ain't like the old days - hi.

73,  Steve  K7LXC