Foldover tower raising fixture

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Foldover tower raising fixture
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:54:26 -0500 (EST)

>I am interested in building/purchasing a raising fixture for my
>crankup/foldover tower. I understand that at least one of these
>is availible commercially. However, from what I understand they
>are quite expensive. If anyone has ever built one of these or knows
>of some possible sources for one I would like to hear from you.

Hi, Paul --

    This project should be undertaken ONLY if you get an engineer involved.
 Is the tower designed to be lowered?  The forces exerted by cranked-over
towers are tremendous.  Either get the factory designed unit or have the
aforementioned engineer design one for you. If there is no factory fixture
available, there is probably a reason why not.   DO NOT attempt to hip-pocket
engineer one.  Please.

73,  Steve   K7LXC