Gladiator verticals?

To: <>
Subject: Gladiator verticals?
From: (
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:26:28 -0500 (EST)
Hello all,

I have asked this before and did receive some helpful information.  Now I
hope that with time other information is available.

I must replace a Gap Voyager.  I have lost air/sky room after a new
tower/antenna installation.  I am only interested in 80 meters right now.
 Voyager wasn't much of an antenna on the other bands anyway.  The tower CAN
NOT be used for attaching antennas and I have a very small city lot.

The Gladiator series of verticals look interesting but very little experience
out there with them.  I think a single band vertical would be better than the
multi-band verticals available based on the fact that I am only interested in
80 meters.  It is too much $$ for me to experiment with.   I am looking for a
comparison with the Voyager but I would appreciate any feed back on the
Gladiator.  I would probably install it in a ground plan configuration.

Thanks in advance.  COME ON PRATAS!!!!

Dave WA8WV in WV