Concord - A Turn For The Worse

To: <>
Subject: Concord - A Turn For The Worse
From: (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 21:28:28 +0000
>  They suggest that the applicant pursue less obtrusive antennas such as "flat
> panels, small dishes, and shorter monopoles without cross elements" (whatever
> that means).

It seems that the pannel is not informed on the frequencies you are
oprating on and the antenna requirements for sucessfull/efficient
operation.  It would seem to me that if this was explained in terms of
being able to communicate outside a disaster area (i.e. outside the
affected area after an earthquake), and the antennas necessary for this
type of communication it might change their tune.  I used to live in CA
and earthquakes are something  most everyone understands.

They are telling you to use a dish and a dipole on 2M!  Show them a dish
for 2M that will give you the same gain as that yagi and they'll let you
have the beam!
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER or
Check out my web page, for summaries
from the contest reflector and a growing list of amateur radio links.