Phillystran stretch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Phillystran stretch
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:01:07 -0500 (EST)
     Recently someone asked about how much Phillystran stretches.  I just got
some new information from the factory and it looks like it doesn't stretch as
much as it 'relaxes'.  What they recommend is that the Phillystran be
initially tensioned to 15% of its ultimate breaking strength and then over
time, it will 'relax' to the 10% desired tension.  According to their chart,
It goes from 15% down to 12% within about 10 hours and then finally reaching
10% within 30 days (a guess since their graph doesn't extend out that far).

    I'm not sure that the Phillystran actually stretches (elongation) since
it looks like the tension changes but not the dimension.

73,  Steve   K7LXC