Longmeadow MA restricting Cell Phone Towers

To: <>
Subject: Longmeadow MA restricting Cell Phone Towers
From: (Bill Cotter)
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 15:46:11 -0500

We should all think on the bright side of the cell phone towers infestation
problem and welcome their arrival: When the low earth orbit satelites
obsolete standard cell phone technology, look at all those surplus towers
to be had :-)

Bill, N4ALG

At 01:39 PM 2/6/97 +0000, Alfred J. Frugoli wrote:
>The town of Longmeadow MA is in the process of looking at restricting
> where cell phone towers can be erected within their town.  Could this
> effect amateur towers in this town?  Could Longmeadow's decision set a
> precident that could affect hams in many other communities?  I don't
> know much about the story, just that they are looking at restricting
> "towers" in the town to certian areas, e.g. commercial zoned land or
> city property.
> What do people think, should we be concerned?  I think it's worth
> looking at.
> I do not live in the town of Longmeadow, but I do live in Mass, and
> what concerns me is that this could set a precident, or a wave of other
> similar restrictions that could cause headaches for hams.  How do I go
> about informing the town/committee of the existing laws concerning
> amateur radio towers in this state and federally?
>Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER or
>Check out my web page, for summaries
>from the contest reflector and a growing list of amateur radio links.
>FAQ on WWW:
>Administrative requests:
>Sponsored by Akorn Access, Inc & N4VJ / K4AAA

| Bill Cotter, Mgr, Research & Development Mail: |
| Communications and Network Systems       Pager:  (606) 259-6082      |
| Parking Structure-2,  Room-4,  0198      Phone:  (606) 323-6474      |
| University of Kentucky                   FAX:    (606) 257-9400      |
| Lexington, KY 40506-0198                 Home:   (606) 887-5563,2402 |