T2X Problem!

To: <>
Subject: T2X Problem!
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 14:33:03 +0000
On  8 Feb 97, Van Sias <> wrote:

> Has anyone had a problem with the T2X rotator sort of sticking when you
> try to rotate it.  Try to rotate in one direction and nothing happens
> and then the other way and it moves so I then let it stop and it will
> rotate in the other direction.  (Have replaced the capacitor and all new
> cable.  Anyone with thoughts on this problem.  (Also, tore it apart and
> the upper section looked ok and it seemed to function ok on the bench!
Van - This is a common problem, usually referred to as the sticky
brake wedge. I believe C.A.T.S. has a replacement brake wedge
available to solve the problem. I am just used to tapping it in the
other direction when stuck.

73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: