WTB: R25 drive base, house bracket

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: WTB: R25 drive base, house bracket
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 10:37:48 -0800 (PST)
>I need a drive-in base and house bracket (the 18-incher) for Rohn 25. If
you have either or both and want to part with them, please send me email at
nj2l@mdsroc.com.

>TU.
>
>--73, Rus, NJ2L

There are two kinds of 25G drive bases that I am aware of.  One is a flat
plate with a spike of angle iron welded at the center of it.  It think you
drive this in with a sledge hammer.  Rohn part number is SDB25G (Dealer
price $118).

The other type has three individual tubing legs the same diameter as a tower
leg and a triangle plate witha hole pattern in it so the drive-in legs will
be spaced the same as the tower legs.  Rohn part number is BP25G (Dealer
price $54).  This type of drive base needs a special "drive tool" that fits
over the end of the leg so you don't deform it with the sledge hammer while
driving it in.  What I have is a spare, slightly used, "drive tool", Rohn
part number DT25 (Dealer price $49.90), which you can have for $10 plus
shipping (1 lb.) if you want it.  You won't need this if you get the first
kind of base.

Let me know.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com