Stack request

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Stack request
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 1997 07:46:00 -0500 (EST)
The little bit of modeling I did on stacks to satisfy my curiosity about
BIP-BOP (which becomes rag mop when more than 2 are involved) has, of
course, aroused further curiosity, aided and abetted by all the
permutations and combinations possible.

I'd like to compile a couple of groups of configurations to look at:  a.
the most used arrangements and b. the most interesting arrangements.
since this list has a good number of stack users, perhaps you would be
willing to send me (direct please) a quick note with the following
information:
a.  Beam size and arrangement for each band (e.g., 4-4-4 on 10: from the
bottom up please to standardize data.  In case someone notes 5-4-3 on 15,
I'll know the 3 is on top).
b.  Heights of each, either in feet (70-105-140) or wavelengths (2-3-4)
(for the 10 meter example above).
c.  If you use side-by-side phased beams, give horizontal spacing as well
as any vertical spacing.

After a reasonable accumulation time, I'll compile a summary of stacks
reported by type.  Let me know if you would like a copy, and I'll send it
direct.  Then I'll do some work and post the results in the same place I
put the preliminary notes--and let you know where to find it when there is
something to find.  Assuming that there are several common or interesting
configurations, I'll break up the pages into small units to ease the
downloading time on the Web.  Incidentally, by running the elevation
patterns through a paint program, reducing the colors to exactly 2,
trimming and adding a label, the resulting .GIF is only about 3.5 KB.  Add
one more color and you double the KB for the same size graphic.

Your assistance is appreciated in advance in this project designed mostly
to help me learn some things.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu