Parts source for 40-2CD W6QHS Mods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Parts source for 40-2CD W6QHS Mods
From: prosper@airmail.net (Brent Childers)
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 20:31:39 -0600
QRZ Tower Talkers,

I am in the process of rebuilding a Cushcraft 2 element 40 to W6QHS specs.
I was wondering what type of RTV or silicon caulk to use on the rivet holes.
Also the wooden dowel or fiberglass rod used in the ends of the boom and at
the boom to mast bracket.  I don't really want to used wood for the end
pieces since the weather here in north Texas eats wood alive, even if it has
been painted.  I know that K5ZD used PVC tubing to re-enforce his boom, but
the closes size I've found leaves too much room for deformation.  I have not
been able to find a source for the fiberglass.  Per 'QHS the diameter of the
dowel must be 1 7/8".

Any help would be appreciated.

        73 de W5WW