To: <>
Subject: Stacks
From: (Frank Donovan)
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 20:15:52 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Mihail Mateescu wrote:
> What do you use as 80m antenna ? Your signal was booming in Eastern
> Europe the other night ! Best W signal of the band.
> 73 de Mike, YO3CTK

Hi Mike!
Thanx very much for the unsolicited report!  We worked nearly 1000
European QSOs on 80M.

Conditions on 80M were ideal for our antennas.  We have four horizontally
polarized 2 element quads at azimuths of 45, 165, 210 and 290 degrees.
Each is in a square configuration ("cubical quad") with the bottom wire at
30 meters and the upper wire at aproximately 50 meters.  We use Beverage
antennas located 1000 feet from the quads for receiving.  The large
separation allows us to listen on another transceiver even while