Question on 1:1 Baluns

To: <>
Subject: Question on 1:1 Baluns
From: (Delgadillo,Luis)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 08:42:06 PST
Hello gentlemen,

Back in November 26th,Jay placed an excellent tip
in how to build a 1:1 balun using RG-142 and a 2.4" toroid (125u)
....well, I have already the materials, and  have the following questions:
1) Should I remove the outer jacket of the RG-142 cable prior
wrapping it around  the toroid?
2) How the  spacing between turns should be, tight or loose?

I already built one without removing the outer cable jacket,
but the cable turns leave big loops. Is this OK?
Thanks and best 73
Luis XE2AC
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Grid DL81uv