[TowerTalk] Modeling Yagis with Linear Loaded elements.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Modeling Yagis with Linear Loaded elements.
From: k0juh@upstel.net (Jim Junkert)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 17:17:00 -0600
Greetings from Mille Lacs Lake, Minnesota

I use AO and YO for modeling yagis and wires. I am
definetly an "amateur" at this stuff. Is there a YO expert
out there who can tell me if YO can model yagis with
linear loaded elements? I'm not sure how you account
for the "wire" portion of the element in the taper schedule.

This spring I plan on taking the 40 meter elements off the
Force-12 620/340 (interlaced 20/40 mtr el on same boom)
and putting them on their own boom. In the process, the
40 mtr yagi will end up gaining 10ft in height....going from
90ft to 100ft.

I thought it would be interesting to model the yagi at the
new height (100ft) and compare it to the old height (90ft)

I would appreciate any help/advice on the above. Tnx a bunch!

73, Jim, K0JUH
k0juh@upstel.net