[TowerTalk] Rotators and Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotators and Rohn 25
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 16:51:12 -0500 (EST)

<<  Is there a rotator that will fit in Rohn 25 below the very
      top without cutting out a cross brace? Currently, I am using an
      Alliance 220D (which just fits on a tailor-made shelf). I would
      like,however,to add more antennas to the mast and fear it wont
      handle the load if it is at all windy. Currently, on the mast is
      a DX Engieering 6-element 6-meter beam,a Cushcraft 17B2 and a KLM
      440-16X. I need to add an antenna for 220, and will have to offset
      it from the mast (which may cause me to put the 432 antenna on the
      other side to achieve a rough balance).What about the Orion?  >>

Hi, John --

   Actually the Ham IV will fit in with no hacking involved.  It's a tight
fit so you'll have to push and jam and use appropriate slang epithets to get
it in - but it will go in.

    I don't think the Orion will fit into the 25G.  Besides, it's way
overkill for your installation.  Your load is pretty minimal so a Ham IV
would work.  Create makes a couple of interesting medium duty rotators that
you might want to examine.  I've never installed one but I'll bet you a
nickel that it'll fit through the tower braces.  The mast clamp is removable
so that would simplify the installation.

73,  Steve  K7LXC