[TowerTalk] HD-73

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HD-73
From: n4si@pobox.com (n4si@pobox.com)
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 01:21:26 +0000
> Is anyone using the now defunct Hygain HD-73 rotator??

Actually I think it was Alliance that made the HD-73, unless I'm
thinking of something else. If that's the one, I'd say don't insult
Hy-Gain with any association with that rotor.

I had several people locally inquire about them when I was doing
tower work, primarily because they were about half the price of any
CDE-style rotor. They claimed reasonable braking and turning
capabilities, but every one I saw installed with a ham antenna on it
broke, consequently I always discouraged them.

Sorry I can't help you with your parts dilemma, but good luck as your
stack grows; you will be getting a new rotor.

73, Rod N4SI
    The DXer formerly known as N9AKE
         (c) 5 November, 1996