[TowerTalk] Spring Tower Inspection & Maintenance! -Rep

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Spring Tower Inspection & Maintenance! -Rep
From: (Robert Chudek)
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 1997 02:58:49 +0000
Rohn drawing B-690712 states "Space cable clamps or fist grips
6 X cable diameter apart (U-bolt shall bear on dead end)".  This
particular illustration appears to be drawn to approximate scale,
where the thimble to first cable clamp is very close.

Other illustrations (e.g. Drawing B-680324 Turnbuckle Safety
Methods) show a very large spacing of the thimble to first cable
clamp, in the order of half a turnbuckle spacing.

I would speculate the illustrator took artistic freedom when the
turnbuckle drawing was created and does NOT show the proper clamping

73 de Bob - K0RC