[TowerTalk] Rain Static - Anything to Do?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rain Static - Anything to Do?
From: (Barry Kutner)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 01:55:53 +0000
On  1 Mar 97, Pete Smith <> wrote:

> Is there fundamentally nothing to be done about this?  Did W3LPL and others
> have to deal with the same problem today? Or if there is, what are the
> remedies?
LPL doesn't get rain static. When you have that may stations going at
once, the RF vaporizes the rain before it hits the antenna :.)

On a serious note, I have noticed the lower antenna in a stack is
virtually noise free when the upper gets it bad. Your mileage may
73 Barry
(tired of phone, and it's only been 4 hours)

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: