[TowerTalk] Housekeeping

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Housekeeping
From: (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 97 14:21:16 -0500
On 3/5/97 22:57, Jonathan Starr at wrote:

>The digest sounds like a great idea; one that
>answers my one big problem with the reflector.
>When a bunch of reflector messages come in, I
>sometimes miss important business or personal
>email amidst all the more interesting but
>admittedly less critical towertalk stuff.

You shouldn't any more. All of the reflectors have been
changed so that the name of the mailing list is prepended to the subject.
(ie [TowerTalk]) So, just look for a subject that doesn't have this in
the header. (Of course, if someone sends you a personal message as a
reply from the list, it will be like this, too)

I use a pretty powerful e-mail client, Claris Emailer. It only runs on
Macs, but I heard there is a Windows version in the works. It permits
processing of received mail. I've set up a number of mail actions to set
the priority of each message according to where it came from. So, all my
TowerTalk messages have the priority "Tower" and are displayed in a deep
purple shade.

Your e-mail client may be able to do the same. Check it out. It is very
useful when sifting through 100's of messages a day.

Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901