[TowerTalk] Phillystran

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran
From: (
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 19:25:31 -0500 (EST)
I plan on putting up a 48 ft  ROHN 25 in the spring with a HF tribander, a 2m
yagi and a 2m omni  alnog with inverted vees for 80 and 40.  I have heard
that some hams
have been using a nonconductive guy "wire" called Phillystran (sp?).  I want
to find
out more about it since I think I'd like to use nonconductive guys on my
tower  so  as to minimize and disturbance of  the radiation patterns of the
wire antennas I plan to have on the tower. If anyone can tell me who sells
it, who makes it, and any experience they have with it I'd appreciate it.