[TowerTalk] Housekeeping

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Housekeeping
From: (Ian White, G3SEK)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 22:13:46 +0000
Bill Coleman AA4LR wrote:

>All of the reflectors have been
>changed so that the name of the mailing list is prepended to the subject.
>(ie [TowerTalk]) So, just look for a subject that doesn't have this in
>the header. (Of course, if someone sends you a personal message as a
>reply from the list, it will be like this, too)
>I use a pretty powerful e-mail client, Claris Emailer. It only runs on
>Macs, but I heard there is a Windows version in the works. It permits
>processing of received mail. I've set up a number of mail actions to set
>the priority of each message according to where it came from. So, all my
>TowerTalk messages have the priority "Tower" and are displayed in a deep
>purple shade.
Another alternative is Turnpike ( which can
detect incoming mail-list messages and keep them completely separate
from the personal e-mail. Each mail-list that my wife and I subscribe to
is automatically organized into a threaded format which can be read
like a newsgroup.

Now that Jim has labeled every message with [TowerTalk] it's very easy
to use this feature.