[TowerTalk] Torque Arm Stabilizer

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Torque Arm Stabilizer
From: (Roderick M. Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:47:50 +0000
Jeff, my vote goes for a 2" x 1/4" steel angle that is U-bolted
to the tower (near the top) and which portrudes out on both sides
of the tower by 3 feet.  To each end of the steel angle is attached
guy wires that are anchored at the same point.  This has kept my
tower from twisting in some ferocious winds with a 402-CD and a
TH7DX at the top along with various other beams lower down.

I am not an authority but when I saw the Torque Arm Stabilizers
that were sold by Rohn and wondered how well they would keep the
tower from twisting (certainly a major reason for towers destruction)
I came up with the heavy duty torque reducer and it has worked very
nicely.  I use the two guy wires that are attached to the steel angle
as one of the top guys in the three 120 degree directions at 128 feet
on a 130 foot tower.

73, es best DX!  Rod, W5HVV