[TowerTalk] Antenna Element Mechanical Design SW

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Element Mechanical Design SW
From: (Charlie Ocker)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 09:17:16 -0600
Greetings, fellow TowerTalk-ians,

Does anyone know of any PUBLIC DOMAIN softare (pc or sun unix) for performing
antenna element mechanical design?

I have a collection of aluminum tubing that I'd like to use for a homebrew 40m
shortened rotatable dipole.

I have a copy of s/w to compute the electrical length of tapered elements, so
this is not a problem.

What I'd like to do is to be able to design the rotatable dipole with the
materials that I have on hand with some piece of mind that it won't self
destruct during the first good wind that comes along, THEN determine it's
electrical length with the tapered element s/w.  After that, I figure
determining the amount of loading necessary to make the element resonate where
want should be fairly straightfoward.

Tnx es 73,

Charlie  N9CO