[TowerTalk] 205CA vs 204CA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 205CA vs 204CA
From: avidham@sojourn.com (Roger C. Stimson)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 00:57:49 -0500
Towertalkers,

     I am considering the HyGain 205CA for installation underneath a
40-2CD.  I plan to do the W6QHS mods on both antennas.  However, there
has been little "towertalk" about the 205CA and much positive talk about
the 204BA/CA.

     What is the story here?  Has anyone compared the two antennas?
W6QHS said that he had a design for the 205CA--and there is a picture of
one in his book--,but he did not comment on its performance.  The ARRL
Antenna Handbook has some rather good looking graphs on the 205CA, but
mysteriously left out the data on the 204CA and no specifics on
boom or element strengthening.

     I would like to hear from those of you who are using the 205CA and
especially from those of you who have had a chance to compare it with
the 204CA.  Is .5 db worth it?

     Thanks in advance,

          Roger K8RS