[TowerTalk] C-3 SWR in the Wind

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C-3 SWR in the Wind
From: (L. Dennis Shapiro)
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 11:42:32 -0500
In gusty winds, the SWR on my Force 12 C-3 fluctuates, as seen on the
transmitter SWR  meter and  confirmed on an MFJ-259.  Condition appears to
be more evident on 15 and 10 than on 20.

I'm trying to determine whether it is the antenna or the feedline.  I keep
looking at the three radiator elements on the C-3 and their close spacing
and wonder if their mutual coupling is particularly position (and thereby
wind) sensitive.

Would appreciate any comments.

73,  Dennis, W1UF