Almost ready to start purchasing new antenna system but a last
minute decision remains to be made.
Rotor will be turning a Tennadyne t-8 L/P. 18' boom, 8 el, longest
38', 21' Rad, 40lb & 8 sq ft with a Force 12 40m dipole 7' above it
37' El, 10 lb & 1.3 sq ftb. I'm considering the Yaesu G-800sdx ( 17 sq
ft) and the Create RC5-1 or RC5-3 (PRESET) (15 sq ft). Both rotors will
handle the wind loads (9.3 sq ft).
1. Which one would be the wise choice and why ?
2. What type of wire do they take, no. of conductors ?
3. Do 2 of the cond's need to be larger ? If so what size for a 125'
4. Whould it be worth the money to get the next larger size rotor with
the idea that it would last MUCH longer ?
5. I'm planning to use RG 213 for the feed lines, any sugestion on what
brad and who to perchase it from ?
Any help will be appreciated.
73 de KE6GLR Rich
FAQ on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/towertalkfaq.html
Administrative requests: towertalk-REQUEST@contesting.com
Sponsored by: Akorn Access, Inc. & N4VJ / K4AAA